Lance Egan’s Rainbow Warrior is an effective, easy to tie nymph pattern. It is especially effective on tailwater fisheries. We have had huge success with this pattern over the last two years. Typically it is fished as the dropper in a two-fly nymph rig. Tie in size 14-22. The fly can be tied with a glass bead or a tungsten bead.
- Hook: Tiemco 2487 size 14-22
- Baed: Tungsten or Glass Sized to Hook
- Thread: Wapsi UTC 70 Denier Red
- Abdomen: Pearl Tinsel Small
- Tail: Pheasant Tail fibers
- Thorax: Tan Rainbow Sow Scud Dubbing
- Wingcase: Pearl Tinsel Small/Medium